Sunday 9 February 2014

#readwomen2014

Well hello there lovely readers!

This year I have decided to get involved in another online hashtag campaign, this time #readwomen2014

The idea is to encourage people to look beyond the pink flowery covers that are often given to books by female authors (against their wishes), to find some truly inspiring and high quality reads by lady writers. The idea is not necessarily to read only books by women, but to make the effort to discover more about women's writing. You can read these articles here and here for further explanation/argument on the topic, but for my part I will be searching my 'to-read' lists for women writers and concentrating on reading these books over the next 12 months.

If you want to connect with me on goodreads to see and/or discuss what I'm reading, you are most welcome to. I'll also be attempting to post 'short' reviews of some of the books I discover - although my posts often start of short and then magically grow longer. I don't know how it happens. Hence the 'flibbertigibbet' part of my URL.

So anyway, that is it for today. I've made some read/reading/to read lists below to give you some ideas, if you have any book suggestions leave them below!

Over and out,
Love love love
Naomi

#readwomen2014 February update

Read
Jojo Moyes - The Girl You Left Behind

Reading
Audrey Niffenegger - Her Fearful Symmetry

To Read
Charlotte Bronte - Jane Eyre
Dorris Lessing - The Grass Is Singing

No comments:

Post a Comment